Newly added class schedule: July 12th and 13th!
Sign up now before classes fill up!
I’ve got a large inventory of railroad spikes just waiting to be turned into knives…
on Square Marketor bottle openers.
- Payment is required 5 days before class or you will forfeit your reservation. You can cancel your registration 48 hours in advance for full refund.
- If you have a nice pair of safety glasses, bring them – we have some available, but they may not be comfortable.
- Wear ONLY cotton clothing and closed toe shoes (preferably leather with rubber soles) Any other fabric may catch fire and will melt into your skin and continue burning you. A lightweight, long-sleeved shirt is preferable to protect from flying slag.
- Bring a water bottle- forging is hot work.
- Your off hand (non hammering hand) will be holding the steel and will require a glove, though two gloves is REALLY preferable. Please bring well fitting all LEATHER gloves if you have some (calf skin gloves work best). This helps reduce chafing and prevents burns. Your hammer hand does not have to be gloved, but better safe than sorry.
- This activity has a high risk of burns – you will be dealing with yellow hot steel, sparks, and hot slag. Wearing appropriate clothing and gloves minimizes this risk, but accidents still happen. You have been warned, now come have some fun!
- I ask that you try to arrive 5-10 minutes early so we can get started right away.